Currently, there are four incentive programs being by the City of Dauphin.
1. Storefront Improvement Incentive Program
In 2019, the City of Dauphin is once again offering a Storefront Improvement Incentive Program (SIIP) for properties located within the designated downtown Dauphin area (see map below). The program is managed and administered by the Economic Development department and provides funding for up to 50% of the eligible costs to a maximum of $5,000 per commercial property. The incentive is a reimbursement program and will be paid out upon the completion of the project and after all criteria is met. Applications for the first intake are due on Friday, March 29, 2019 by 4:30 p.m.
Process for applying:
- Review the Storefront Improvement Incentive Program Guidelines document
- Contact Carissa Caruk-Ganczar at the Economic Development office at City Hall to express interest and to discuss ideas. 204-622-3229 or email@example.com
- Submit a completed application form and supporting documents by March 29, 2019.
2. Housing Development Incentives
To encourage new housing development within the City of Dauphin, there are two new incentive programs being offered.
1000 Per Unit Incentive Program Brochure Jan 2013 Revisions
3. Building Demolition Incentive Program
The City of Dauphin’s Building Demolition Incentive Program (also known as the Tipping Fee Rebate Program) provides a 50% rebate on tipping fees to any individual demolishing a residential dwelling or commercial structure in its entirety and constructing a new building in its place.
4. Industrial Park Incentive Program
Suitable businesses may be eligible for a reimbursement of land purchase in the City/RM of Dauphin Joint Dauphin Industrial Park. Please contact us directly for more information on this program.
Other development incentives may offered by the City of Dauphin through its Economic Development department on a case by case basis. If you are considering Dauphin as the location for your business, contact our Economic Development Manager to see if your business may fit within our guidelines.